I love cookies and biscuits with my cup of tea or coffee. Either to dunk or just as a quick snack. Ever since I started baking at home, I have come to dislike the store bought cookies and would rather bake them at home. And these eggless custard cookies are the perfect choice when you don’t want to go through the whole grind of making the cookie dough using a hand mixer, chilling the dough or using cookie cutters. They are also not overly sweet and are perfectly crumbly. I do end up making these quite often as I find them the easiest bake.
You can also try experimenting with different flavours by just using another flavour of custard powder. Also try making them wholewheat! Just that they will have some cracks on the top.
Try out this simple recipe and let me know how they turn out! Also checkout my pretty Eggless Lemon Crinkle Cookies here.
- 150 gms unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150 gms All purpose flour
- 75 gms powdered sugar
- 75 gms vanilla custard powder (you can try different flavours!)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar with a spatula until mixed.
- Add sifted flour, custard powder and vanilla extract. Mix with spatula until combined into a smooth mixture.
- You may have to use your hands to bring it together into a smooth dough.
- Make small 1 inch balls out of the dough. Place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Press the dough balls on top with a fork to make impressions on it and flatten it slightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do not let them brown.
- Cool the cookies on the tray completely and store in an airtight container.