Banana cake is one of my favourites. Add chocolate to it, and I am hooked !
I am always waiting for bananas to go overripe at home so I can make this cake…it is funny because I actually don’t want the bananas to be picked from the fruit basket by anyone at home!
This particular recipe is so easy- it requires minimal effort to put together. No wonder I am making this more often than the other cakes. Just look at the crumb of that cake! And the addition of banana makes it super moist and delicious!
The loaf pan I used can be found here.
If you are looking for more delicious eggless recipes with fruits, check out my Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe!
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 over ripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add vanilla and milk
- Melt the butter and add sugar and mix with a spatula. Let the mixture cool and then mix with the banana and milk mixture.
- In another bowl, sift the dry ingredients together
- Now add the dry ingredients to the banana puree-butter mixture. Mix until everything combines but do not overmix the batter. Lightly fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for about 30-40 mins. Do a toothpick test and when it comes out almost clean, the cake is done
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for at least 30 mins before unmoulding and slicing.