These fudgy gluten free brownies are a decadent dessert that no one will be able to guess what they are actually made of!
Do you have gluten allergy or are just trying to avoid too much of all purpose flour? Then these gluten free Red bean (rajma) brownies are perfect for you. Yes, you read that right, red beans. Contains absolutely no flour. Before you go and ahead call me crazy, read on.
The first time I read about using red beans in brownies, I thought to myself, oh here comes yet another substitution that may well be best to forget about. But I don’t know why, I went ahead and tried it as I had some overnight soaked red beans anyway.
These brownies have a rich and intense chocolate flavor and easier to make than your traditional brownies. All you need to is blend all the ingredients in a blender! No special equipment, no extra dirty dishes. And they are low in calories and high in fiber. Win-win !
Check out that unmistakable crackly top! These are my new favorite!
- 2 cups red kidney beans- soaked overnight or minimum 8 hours and then pressure cooked
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 120 gms melted chocolate
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Grease an 8-inch round baking tin and line bottom with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth for about 1-2 minutes
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Once done, check the center with toothpick, it should come out with only a few crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and sprinkle cocoa powder or icing sugar.