Get ready to make some seriously amazing, bite-sized drops of heaven.
It is ridiculously simple, quick, made with easily available ingredients and requires no special equipment ! So if you are looking for a guilt-free indulgence, treating your kids for an evening or looking for some gorgeous homemade gifts for your friends, these are perfect for you.
They are made entirely from healthy ingredients and are suitable for your midnight cravings, snacking on your way to work or even post workouts. These truffles are naturally sweetened with dates and are free of butter and sugar that normally go into truffles.
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. We all know why mommies always gave us almonds as they are super nutritious. A little dark chocolate which is rich in antioxidants, doesn’t hurt at all 🙂
I have tried other recipes of healthier truffles with prunes, cranberries, cashews, walnuts but this one is my favorite and I make it very often. I keep them with me at work for those 11am hunger pangs. I hope you try it too!
If you would rather have white chocolate truffles, try my recipe for Rose Chocolate truffles.
- 75gms Almonds
- 75gms de-seeded dates
- 3 tbsp melted dark chocolate
- Some cocoa powder for coating
- Put the almonds, dates and the melted chocolate in a blender or food processer and blitz until a sticky ball is formed. Add more chocolate if too dry.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl and keep in fridge for 15 minutes for ease of rolling.
- Scoop using a small spoon and roll it into half inch balls, coat them in cocoa powder.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can coat them with crushed nuts, sprinkles or even dessicated coconut if you prefer.