A quick, easy, no-yeast, delicious bread with pockets of cheese and speckled with an assortment of warm herbs and spices baked to perfection
I love baking! I might even go ahead and say I enjoy it more than eating. And yet I am still terrified of baking breads at home. Fear of conquering over yeast. But hey, while I overcome that, I have tried baking a bread without yeast and all the kneading- it’s easy, it’s quick and delicious! Anything with cheese in it has to be delicious!
You can lightly toast it or have it as is with your cup of evening tea. It’s perfect if you want to replace your piece of cake, or not 🙂 Try it for those lazy mornings or when you are having guests over for brunch.
I am making this again for my Christmas brunch at home! I used this loaf tin for my bread.
How about trying some Oats cookies too?
- 2 tbsp spice mix of your choice- I used a combination of dried oregano, sage, rosemary, cumin, chilli and aniseed
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cheese cubes, roughly cut
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- some fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a loaf tin
- Put vinegar in the milk and allow to curdle
- Mix the 2 tbsp of the herb and spice mix and olive oil in a small bowl
- Sift the dry Ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- Combine the wet Ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour all the remaining ingredients except cheese into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Pour half the batter into the tin. Put half of the cheese pieces on top and then pour the rest of the batter over it. Put the rest of the cheese pieces on top along with some fresh rosemary.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden. Insert a skewer in the center to check if it comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.