A classic cocktail in form of mini bundt cakes, combining the fresh and refreshing flavors of lime, mint and rum!
Just look at these beauties! If I ever saw these mojito mini bundt cakes at brunches or parties, it would be the first thing I would eat, after all you know my love for desserts! I don’t believe in reserving that course for the last. Certainly when the dessert looks like these.
I am thinking I will make these for my pre-Diwali party, I am sure these will be a hit. Top these mojito cakes with rum dunked cherries and edible flowers like I did or simple use some mint leaves. Either way they will be irresistible.
So when are you making these?
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 8-10 mint leaves, crushed
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp white rum
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- For the Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp rum
- Combine the milk and the crushed mint leaves in a small pan over medium heat. Warm for 2-3 minutes and switch off the heat. Once cooled, strain it to remove the large pieces of the leaves. Add the vinegar and let it curdle and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour the mini bundt moulds. You can also use muffin pans instead.
- In a bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly until it combines.
- Add the lime juice, vanilla extract, lime zest and rum. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly alternating with the curdled milk. Fold it in and avoid overmixing the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the moulds filling only upto ⅔rd of the mould. Bake for 14-15 minutes just until it slightly leaves the sides of the moulds.
- Allow the bundt cakes to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: whisk the powdered sugar and rum until smooth. Drizzle over the bundt cakes. Garnish with cherries, mint leaves, berries or slices of lime.
- If you do not wish to add alcohol, skip the rum and add 1 tsp rum essence in the cakes instead. For the glaze, use lemon/lime juice instead of rum.