Try these easy rose flavored white chocolate truffles with gulkand to create a fusion which is both impressive and delectable!
The temperatures are soaring everyday this summer and you would want to be as far away from the oven as you could. But now, that is not helping your sweet tooth, is it?
Maybe you even have friends coming over. And there is no party without dessert. There can be none. I refuse to go to such parties.
Why not try these delicate and delicious no-bake gulkand truffles instead? These are super easy, require minimal effort and don’t require you to put on your baking mitts!
Gulkand or rose petal jam as it is known outside India and rosewater are essential ingredients in many Indian sweets used for their inviting aroma and subtle flavour. Combined with white chocolate, you have a creamy, lush, fragrant dessert. And if the dessert tastes and smells like roses, you got a winner on your hands.
I made these for a dinner get-together at my house recently and they were a hit ! They were much talked about and my guests asked for more, which means you should give them a try too!
- 25 gms butter
- 250 gms white chocolate chopped roughly
- 2-3 drops Pink food coloring (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cream (I used Amul)
- 2 tbsp gulkand (rose petal jam)
- ½ tsp rosewater (optional)
- Some icing sugar to roll truffles
- Microwave the cream and butter in a bowl until just boiling for about 1 minute
- Add the chopped chocolate, food coloring and gulkand
- Taste this mixture and if you want a more pronounced rose flavour, add the rosewater
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted. Microwave for 30 seconds more if having trouble melting the chocolate.
- Place this in the fridge for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Using a scoop, roll even amounts of mixture into balls of about ½ inch. Put back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll these balls in icing sugar.