Enjoy a taste of the tropical flavors in every bite with this Pinacolada bundt cake
Remember I told you how some flavors are just meant to be together like lemon and blueberries in my post HERE. Add the combination of coconut and pineapple to that. Pure bliss in this summer.
Don’t you wish you could spend the hot, unforgiving Indian summers on a beach, sipping on refreshing cocktails, no worries about work and other chores that get you tired? I do too. Imagine yourself on a recliner, sipping on pinacoladas, one of my favorite drinks, on a hot sunny afternoon. Wouldn’t that be perfect ?
Unfortunately, it is not going to happen. Not for an entire summer though. So I decided to bring that sipping-on-cocktail-on-a-beach feeling at home! Even carry it with me when I wanted!
Pinacolada is a drink made with a delicious combination of pineapple, coconut, cream and rum. For a non-alcoholic version you can even skip the rum (please don’t!) and it will still be as creamy and decadent as ever. It’s like a dessert and drink rolled into one. Now imagine that in a cake!
Yes I am referring to my tropical surprise- my Pinacolada bundt cake. A dessert (or an afternoon snack) that will wow everyone this summer. So put on your sunglasses and take it to a pool party and have a great time !
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- ¾ cup curd
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- 4 canned pineapple slices, drained and pureed
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar using an electric beater, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Next, add the milk and rum. Beat until combined. Add the flour mixture alternatively with the curd low speed until just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Stir in the vanilla, coconut extract, dessicated coconut and crushed pineapple with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake in the middle rack for about 1 hour. Insert a toothpick in the middle and check if the cake is done.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake on to a cooling rack lined with parchment paper and cool completely.
If you want a non-alcoholic cake, use 1 tsp rum essence and skip rum.
You can use any bundt pan, If you do not have a bundt pan, use 2 regular 9 inch pans
This post contains affiliate links.